Thursday, April 22, 2010

I Love Obama

I want to preface this by saying that I am neither Republican nor Democrat. I don't really fit into any of the political pigeon holes. That being said...



I am tired, folks. I'm growing weary of the negativity...no...outright hatred that I see toward our President. I know, I know...George W. Bush got the same treatment. That is not my point. I know that some comments might get pretty heated. But, don't think I'm taking sides. I am not. Read on, dear friend...



It is never appropriate for anyone to pray for the death of anyone. It doesn't matter if they are good people or bad. And it isn't a joke. The Lord will take account of every careless word that we speak/write/think.



"Oh, be careful little mouth what you say!"



Additionally, wishing death upon someone, even as a joke, is wrong. If we hate someone in our hearts (which I believe to be a prerequisite to wishing someone dead) we are murdering them. Jesus said that.



I prefer to err on the side of love.



We are called to "Love our neighbors as ourselves," and to "Love our enemies". No where in the Scriptures does it allow for us to jokingly or seriously desire death for another.



Obama is a man. He was made in the image of God. And...get this...Jesus died for him too. Because Jesus loves Barack Obama.



So, stop being hateful.



Cut it out. Seriously.



When you say such horrible things about Obama you are wrong. Flat out wrong.



We can only love God as much as we love our worst enemy.

Obama is not my enemy. In fact he has said publically that he is a Christian man. It is not my job to say or believe otherwise. But, because of this I am to consider him my brother in Christ. I will not argue this fact with anyone. It is for God to determine who is His. That is not my job.

My job is to love.

Because I love Jesus, I must love Obama.

And if you love Jesus, you must love Obama too.

3 comments:

  1. Well said, Susie! Praying for ANYONE'S death is about as Anti-Christ as you can get. I remember when Jeffrey Dahmer was killed - people I worked with nearly danced on their desks in joy. All I could think was, "I AM Jeffrey Dahmer." As Sufjan Stevens said in his song about John Wayne Gacey, "...in my best behavior, I am really just like him. Look beneath the floorboards for the secrets I have hid." If we love Jesus, we must LOVE. Everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Amy Sue! I just felt ill when I heard about this "joke" group on Facebook. Then I was saddened to know that some of my friends actually joined that group.

    I am a sinner. My sin is ugly to God. But then Jesus stands in my place and makes me pure. This is for everyone. Jesus is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While it is true that we are not the judge on whether or not someone is a Christian, it is true that we will be known by our "fruits". The prayer was in bad taste, I agree.

    ReplyDelete